Friday, January 13, 2012

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"

With all of the stresses I have going on lately(school, work, money, people, etc) it is so easy for me to let myself get a little "down in the dumps". I have noticed that I have felt this way more than a few times this week, so I love it when I get a chance to take my mind off of the real world and remember the things that make me smile. This is one reason I love to hop on over to Barnes & Nobles occasionally on my lunch break. While I was making a visit to B&N one day this week, wandering around admiring and skimming through the new and old books, I heard a song that immediatley brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart. They began playing "Moon River" from one of my all time favorites, Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's amazing how music and songs that have personal meaning can lift up your spirits and instantly bring back a special feeling or memory. It is pretty rare that I hear that particular song, which is another reason that makes it so wonderful, not to mention how much I adore the movie and how I felt the very first time to watch it. Maybe because I feel like I can relate to the main character Holly Golightly(Audrey Hepburn) in so many ways. She is a little goofy, irrationale, and has a love for coffee and Tiffany's. Mostly though, because she is so in love with love, but at the same time hesistant of giving away her whole heart, in fear of it being broken. Either way, it is a wonderful movie, and every girl should see it atleast once! I'm so glad something as simple as a song could brighten my day-the little things really do make life so much better. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's...let's have a wine/movie night sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time faves too, Meg!I LOVE Audrey.

    ReplyDelete